St Edmundís was founded in 1874 and over the past 140 years the ethos of the school remains the same; to instil in every child a sense of self-esteem and belonging by building on their own talents, opening their eyes to new ones and giving them focussed and personal support whenever it is needed.
At St. Edís we are truly committed to providing your children with an interesting and exciting academic experience. We focus specifically on the individual needs, strengths and talents of each and every pupil and we ensure that our outstanding co-curricular provision, including sports, arts, clubs, team building and music all add up to a holistic education.
Our School Aims include:
- To provide a broad based curriculum reflecting traditional values and subjects yet with due emphasis on innovation and modern techniques and content.
- To promote confidence in every pupil and to encourage them to develop skills as independent learners and achieve at a level appropriate to their individual abilities.
- To provide supportive teaching in small classes according due attention to each individual pupil.
- To help pupils develop good inter-personal skills and be sensitive to and show respect for the need and feelings of others.
- To enable pupils to become responsible members of the community whilst maintaining their individuality against a background of Christian values.
- To assist pupils in developing self-discipline, self-respect and self-esteem so that they may live their lives with joy and fulfilment.
- To encourage pupils to participate in a wide range of opportunities, challenges and experiences.
- To create an inclusive environment in which pupils feel valued and involved.
- To give pupils the opportunity to develop sportsmanship, team membership and leadership skills and responsibility according to ability and aptitude.
We continue to contemplate and develop all that we do whilst continuously adapting to the outside world which is changing faster than at any time in the past. We are very proud of our high academic achievements and of the St. Edís community in its entirety. We hope that we will be able to share the unique and sometimes quirky St. Edís experience with you and your children.